Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's been too long....

...since I've posted! I'm having major computer troubles and only am online at home when I bring my laptop home - which is not something I have been doing after working 55 hours a week for the past month or so. Supposed to have a new motherboard (and a man to install it! wow, what a deal) early this week, according to Dell. Spent 3+ hours (i could have been stitching!) on the phone to India w/three different helpdesks - the router, who blamed it on the satellite ISP provider, the the satellite ISP provider who blamed it on anything but them, and finally w/Dell... luckily, my system is still under warranty until 8/08, so I'm going to take advantage of it!

Hope you all had a restful and pleasant Valentine's Day! My dh was out of town, and I was working out of town in Chicago that day, but did manage a dinner at a fun New Orleans seafood house for some great oysters!

My only stitching this month in the wee hours of the nite has been catching up w/my cq stitching lessons, working on my Road to Oklahoma Quilt, and doing a few strip of the month/block of the month things... While I was on hold to India several times I did lay the phone down (could hear the muzak playing) and made a dent in cleaning/picking up my art room - and does it need it bad!!!!!

The fun news was I invested in a sewing machine - a new Husquvarna (Viking) machine... has all sorts of bells and whistles and I have made one block w/it - from my fall quilt hop... will post photo as soon as I'm back in business on home machine! The other sewing highlight was receiving some of Suzanne's threads - beautiful colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ta ta - I see Candi tagged me, so that will be my next post!!

No comments: